Here at Middle School 217Q we have a student dress code policy. The dress code consists of a collared polo shirt (navy blue or grey) with our school logo, and either navy blue or khaki pants. Girls may choose to wear a navy blue or khaki skirt/skort.
There are many benefits in having our students wear a uniform to school everyday:
- Promotes a more effective learning environment
- Fosters school unity and pride
- Improves student performance
- Fosters self-esteem
- Eliminates label competition
- Simplifies the dressing process in the morning
- Teaches students appropriate dress and decorum in their “work” place
- Help to improve student conduct and discipline
Understanding all the benefits wearing a school uniform lends to our school environment any student who is out of uniform will receive a phone call home to inform the parent and may be subjected to stay for detention.
Parents and students purchase the polo shirt fromNeedleheadsOpens in a new browser tab located at: 88-01 Myrtle Ave, Glendale, NY 11385 / Phone: (718) 850 - 4252.
- Parents may also purchase the polo shirt from any available manufacturer; however, the school logo must be displayed.
- No designer emblems are permitted on the polo shirt. Needleheads is the only store in our community that will embroider the polo shirt with the school logo.
- For navy blue or khaki pants/skirt/skort parents may shop at any school uniform store.
Cookies Department Store provides 10% discount for MS 217 Students. Cookies is located at 166-21 Jamaica Avenue, NY 11432.